Monday, December 3, 2007

Another "yes"


J has his 1st meeting Thursday with the Commission on Ministry. They will give him the official "yes" after meeting him and approving the "yes" from the discernment group leaders. I'm a little nervous about him leaving school again for this, I'm wondering if people are getting curious about where he is going. He's missed a few days or partial days for these meetings and I know his co-workers are gossiping about it. Should I care?
I've been thinking a lot lately about the telling of our workplace and I wonder and worry what will happen. I want to remain on good terms in case we are nearby again one day and want to send A and H there. I want people to understand his call, but I know most won't and will be resentful for whatever reason. I particularly worry about the kids and families. We have such a relationship with so many of these people and some are there just because of him. I hate that we will be the cause of a shake-up, but I guess that's what happens when you are liked and deeply involved and invested in a place. I have faith that it will all turn out to be o.k., but I know it will be hard. It will be stressful and it will hurt some people. *sigh*
But it's good too. Great in fact for us. How can we balance the excitement and sense of adventure we feel and still be sensitive to those we are leaving behind? Our families are supportive to a certain extent, some more than others, but they are still a little upset that we might be leaving the state for a few years. It's such a paradox to be bubbling over with excitement for us, while feeling sad for how our choices will affect others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess it's better for people to hate we are leaving than love that we are. Or not even notice. We've made a mark and for that I am grateful.