Saturday, June 25, 2011

Easy Sweet Treats

I've been having way too much fun in my new fancy kitchen lately. The other night ^J^ brought home some sub-par ice cream (store-brand vanilla, yuck) and we didn't have any chocolate sauce to put on top or root beer to mix-in, so I decided to make my own hot fudge. It was disturbingly simple. Seriously, I apologize now for how easy and awesome-tasting this is, but I feel it is my duty to pass it on:

Disturbingly Good and Easy Hot Fudge:
Boil a small amount of water in a saucepan.
Put a few handfuls of chocolate chips in a glass bowl.
Put the glass bowl on top of the saucepan (don't let it touch the water).
Stir until the chocolate is melted.
Add some half and half (as you can see, I didn't measure anything, just put in enough to make the chocolate saucy)
Stir until mixed, if you want it thinner, add more liquid.
Take the bowl off the heat and add about 1tsp of vanilla extract.
Stir and serve over ice cream (or eat with a spoon). Again, I'm sorry.

Then today, I was making banana pancakes for our Saturday breakfast and remembered we had peaches. So here's my
Disturbingly Simple and Delicious Peach Pancakes:
Chop up peach and throw the slices on the hot griddle (I left the skin on but you can take it off if you want)with a bit of butter and sprinkled some sugar on top. Let it cook for a minute or so letting the sugar caramelize a bit. Serve over hot pancakes (banana makes it even better) and a drizzle of maple syrup. This actually melts in your mouth.

Ok, the kids are literally bouncing off the walls so we've got to get out of the house. I think the pool is in order today (especially after all that sugar I just wrote about). Happy Weekend!

No comments: