Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lazy Bones

I'm being lazy this morning...because I can...at least until VBS is over at 12:30. It's been nice having VBS this week, I thought I'd get a lot more done, but I'm just enjoying being able to do what I want while I can. This morning the most productive thing I've done is make breakfast for the kids (it was eggs, so that did take *some* effort) and water the garden and the dogs.

Did I mention I got a garden for my birthday? I'm so happy. We made a 4x4 raised bed for now and we have room to add another one if we want. We didn't buy enough dirt to fill it though, so it's only full on one side but it's enough for my Mr. Stripey tomato, a orange pepper plant, basil, a few marigolds and (because *A* had to have it) a watermelon plant. I put some mint in a pot so I could bring it in in the cold months, but I think the 98 degree heat killed it this week. I should have waited, it's nice today. Oh well.

Today is cooler (only 86!) and breezy. Kinda feels like a Michigan day...ahhh, Michigan. Let's pretend we're there...

We're going back this year but without ^J^. I guess he has to work and all, but it sucks he can't come too. He deserves it after all this busy, exciting, stressful change we've had the last month and a half. :( Here's some more...


Ahhh...

I found a great new blog today. Here's the link. I love her, I want her to be my friend in real-life. She has 5 kids and she does these fun summer lists each year of things they want to do. Here's the link to her list for this year. It's so pretty. We're going to work on our list today, but I want the big chalkboard and funky chairs like she has too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you're rubbing it in!