Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Momma's Day

We spent the first part of the weekend in Sewanee but ended it with my parents in Chattanooga and then on home for Mother's Day. Sweet boy greeted me with a "Happy Mother's Day" as soon as he rolled out of bed, he's so good. Since it was a Sunday, and A's last day to sing in the cherub choir at church, we had to be there quite early but the kids gifted me with getting ready quickly and without any yelling on my part. After church we went to lunch and the kids helped me polish off a piece of chocolate cake as big as my head.
Then I took a 2 hour nap with baby girl while the rest of the family went grocery shopping and prepared me dinner in bed (since I couldn't have breakfast in bed with it being a Sunday and all). They made a goat cheese, mushroom, leek quiche, arugula salad with home-roasted almonds, and mixed berries. It was pretty darn perfect.
A rare event, me in front of the camera with all 3 kids.
Dinner in bed, vase made by H. 






No comments: