Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lent, the true resolution time

Happy Mardi Gras! I'm planning to live it up big today. Already started with Chick-fil-a for breakfast and a coke. Yum. Tonight is pancakes at church of course, not my favorite but whatta-ya-gonna do? At least I have Talenti gelato to come home to after. :)
J and I have been talking a lot about making some diet changes this Lent. I've always been pretty good about buying mostly whole foods or at least foods with minimally processed and artificially ingredients. We have friends who have tried Paleo, and J is intrigued. We aren't going to go "whole hog" but we are going to intentionally try to cut out unnecessary grains/sugar. So far, my favorite cut has been in the morning at breakfast (except for my chick-fil-a treat today), instead of having toast with our eggs, we've had sauteed spinach and quinoa. Also, I've discovered Lara bars for snacks. Love the peanut butter cookie one.
Anyway, we'll use our Lent time to try this new eating lifestyle out and see how it goes.

I also plan to have more "reflection" time during Lent. Whether it's actually completing my bible study before class (instead of during), journaling, drawing, or reading. Exercise too is a big thinking time for me. I'm feeling...something lately. Not sure what it is yet but I need to have time to be able to listen and discern what that feeling might be. Is it to start something new? A blog, A new craft? A job? I feel pulled towards a lot of different things lately: photography, homeschooling, teaching, music, art...just to name a few.
I don't know, but hopefully the next 40 days will help me figure that out. Stay tuned. And live it up today!

No comments: