Monday, May 13, 2013

BORING!

This blog has been so boring lately, I mean who writes this thing?! My kids say boring like a curse word. They aren't allowed to say stupid or other "bad" words so they say things are "boring". I have no words to describe why I've been so slack except having a toddler is busy (and the opposite of boring). She demands my attention, how crazy is that?! If I turn my back for too long she's on top of the dining room table, or spilling the glass of milk one of the big kids left sitting on her level, or playing in the toilet, or dumping an entire costco sized box of granola bars and squeezing them all into odd shapes. This is just a sampling of what I've found her doing every time I try to sit at the computer thinking she'll give me a few minutes to write in the past couple of weeks. So I kind of gave up trying to write. I'd read snippets of my favorite blogs and catch up on facebook, but never seemed to have much time to form a cohesive thought. Everything I tried to write seemed trite and, well boring. But then I found this new genre of bloggers, not sure what to call it but these bloggers sure can write. They have a spiritual/Christian slant, but they're thinkers and share openly about life and family and God and struggles. So I got inspired again, and here I am.
We've been consumed lately with baseball. H has been playing on a machine pitch little league team for 6-9 year olds. He's the 2nd youngest and it has been such a fun time for all of us. He has really improved and we all just love watching the games. Even baby girl. In fact, I think she may be the biggest fan of the whole family.

Swim team is our next big thing, both kids are swimming this year which finally made it worth it to join a neighborhood pool (oddly expensive) and commit to practicing 5 days a week. Sounds kinda crazy, but I'm hoping it will be fun too. It'll give some structure to our summer, at least for the first month of it, and the kids will be such amazing swimmers. The coach's son is a gold medal Olympic swimmer and I am hoping it will be of the caliber of the Sewanee swim team A was on when she was 4 and 5. She learned the proper way to do strokes and became such a strong swimmer because of it.

Well, that's it for now, the only reason I can write this much is because today is J's day off. Hopefully I'll be more consistent from now on. It's good to be back.

No comments: