Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mmmmmmuffins!


We had a surplus of blueberries and had our priest over for breakfast today so I made these muffins. I found this recipe in a Wondertime magazine. They are delicious! The oats gives them a more wholesome feel and makes them not as sweet as regular blueberry muffins. They are fairly time-consuming but well worth it. The recipe makes a lot (24) and you need to have paper muffin cups.

I'm taking some over to our friends' house tomorrow for a 4th of July brunch after the annual 4th of July parade in Peachtree City. For those of you who don't know, Peachtree City is known for it's golf carts as a means of transportation and everyone decorates theirs in red, white, and blue for the 4th and then parks it along the parade route. Local businesses, churches, etc. have floats and throw candy and other goodies. It's small-town fun at it's best. Apparently the 4th is a big deal ("the social event of the season") in Sewanee. They have real small-town fun like a cake contest and bicycle parade. So again, we're leaving things we love but have new excitement to look forward to.
P.S. If you want the recipe, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you, I don't feel like typing it up right now to add to this post. Perhaps I'll come back and add it later.

7/7 Update: here is a link for the muffin recipe, how exciting I didn't have to type it in! I used light sour cream and it worked fine, this is anything but healthy but quite delicious! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you email the recipe to me? (like you don't have enough other stuff to do ;) right?) I'm currently on strike from all things domestic (including cooking, baking, laundry, and cleaning) but occassionally I get crazy...no hurry with that though, but Karen has real blueberries growing in her back yard, and I am taking the kids to pick them this week...so we need to DO something with them.