Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Settling


Life is slowly coming to a halt of sorts, a nice easy pace.

Things are ending for the semester. Winding down. Coming to a close. Sort of.

After many weeks of rushing about and to-dos, it seems my brain is less full. I keep having this anxious feeling of things I should be doing, but when I really think about it, I don't.

Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of things going on in the next week or so. Shopping and baking and wrapping and visiting and such, but it will happen in a time of vacation and when we're together. ^J^ has a lot of work ahead of him but I think he's starting to see the light at the end. I know we are. We're ready to have him home and in-the-know again.

I'm feeling like vacation is here for the kids and I already though, and we're just waiting on daddy to finish finals. We're totally taking it easy today after a whirlwind trip this weekend and yesterday. We spent yesterday in Birmingham at a dear friend's ordination to the priesthood and caught up while the kids played. Tonight I am going out with some friends to the big city to eat at a real restaurant, and Friday I'm having a shopping day with my mom followed by our Annual Christmas cookie baking day. While our plate still seems a bit full, all the things we still have planned between now and the new year are fun things and I'm looking forward to each one even if it means we're active and travelling. But for now, I'm off to nap and enjoy this day of settling.

No comments: