Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Off and running

Well our break was fast and busy, not the usual thanksgiving lazy break I was hoping for but it was nice to see family and I got some knitting done (although I can't currently find it). We have 2 and a half more weeks of the semester and then we have a month off...ahhhhh. The end of the semester is crazy, busy and we don't see ^J^ much but we're keeping our eyes on that long break coming up with very little obligations and lots of holiday fun!

Last night were the monthly board meetings for Parent's Morning Out and the Spouses of the Seminary. It was sad to say goodbye to the Seniors who will be leaving at the end of the year as the gave up their jobs on each board. I'm anxious and excited to see what the new people will bring as they assume leadership roles. I keep my job as Parent's Morning Out Director but I have a new job for the Spouse's organization, I'm the Discretionary Fund chairperson which means I get to help families in need. I'm very excited to take on this job as I know how much it meant to us when mystery money would show up in our mailbox last year when we were really struggling financially. Speaking of which, if you feel like praying for a worthy cause, please pray that the bank will accept the short sale on our house. We are feeling very frustrated and discouraged by the bank right now (I was on hold off and on for 2 hours Monday) and have had to renew our contract with the buyer because the bank is taking so long, so we just need this stress gone from our lives. Sorry for the prayer request on my blog but I figure it can't hurt.

Anyway, I'm off to the big city today to get supplies for a seminarian craft show tomorrow and for the Morning with St. Nicholas program on Saturday. Never a dull moment! I promise more pictures and less complaining next time! :)

No comments: