Friday, September 10, 2010

A Good Busy

Life is busy but good. I've filled almost all of my alone free time this year and it seemed a bit out of control last week, but I think I'm getting the hang of it this week. I started EFM this year, so that takes up my Friday mornings, and I've been volunteering at *A*'s elementary school library on Mondays so that takes up most of my Monday mornings. Both days start later than my crazier Tuesday-Thursdays so I can be lazier and relax a bit before I need to be somewhere. Afternoons have been great, busy of course, but (H) and I (and sometimes ^J^) have been able to spend some quality time together until it's time to go get *A* from school. My favorite days are when we go get (H) and treat ourselves to lunch somewhere and then all come home and nap. This doesn't happen often but today is one of those days and I love being able to have the time to do it! After school it's pretty much a mad dash to get things done (homework, grocery shopping), or get to soccer or choir, and occasionally we just go to the park and play. Yesterday *A* had a friend over after school so we went to the park and I just sat and knitted for an hour. Ahhhhh.

I much prefer less stuff to do, but everything I'm doing this year I love. I think I'm trying to get all these wonderful opportunities in while we're here, and I'm really just trying to soak up our last year in Sewanee. I also really want this year to go slowly, but unfortunately busy and slow don't seem to go well together.

I'm really ready for Fall and cooler temps. I finally feel like in our 3rd year, I know what to expect with Sewanee weather, as much as anyone can, but I'm anticipating the cold and the grey days and looking forward to soups and fires and rain boots. To being "cozy-warm" as my kids like to say. 

One thing I'm missing right now is my camera. I have taken NO new pictures for over 2 weeks, and have had no time or inspiration to do so (hence the lack of pictures on this post). This makes me sad so I'm keeping my camera with me all weekend to play with and become inspired again. We have *A*'s 1st soccer game of the season and a trip to see family and celebrate my niece's birthday, so there will be ample opportunity.

No comments: