Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall-ish

I'm in full Fall anticipation mode. I keep checking the weather looking to see just when it will be officially cool. This weekend seems to be the time, highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s, perfect weather in my opinion. I think we're going to head to the mountains this weekend for some apple picking. There are a few good places between here and Asheville, and only about an hour away. We may just pick-up a pumpkin while we're there too since this weekend will be October too, my favorite month! The kids are seeing Halloween stuff everywhere and wanting to get our Fall decorations out. Of course they haven't narrowed down their costume choices yet, that's always an issue. So far *A* wants to be a witch or a girl pirate and (H) wanted to be a pirate forever but now he's saying a ninja (which is totally out of nowhere). I'm totally obsessed with Wicked still so I want to be Elphie but with my extra-large belly that may not work, I may need to re-create my pumpkin belly shirt.

Also this weekend is the blessing of the animals at church. *A* wants to bring her hamsters but then she decided not to because she had it in her mind that there was water involved. I think she thinks they're going to get baptized because she was all worried they would drown. I assured her that they would be safe and so now I'm just wondering how we're going to get 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 hamsters (plus 2 kids and 1 mommy) to the church all in one piece. I think ^J^ is the main priest in charge that day too and he requested there be a first aid kit available. Yikes! Maybe we can have a private blessing at home for our animals who may not do so well in the public setting. That's one benefit of having a priest for a daddy right? Let's just hope he returns home with all his fingers and relatively few scratches.

No comments: