Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blah Day

It's been one of those days, you know, the kind when you wish you could just hit a reset button? It seemed promising, we had fun plans and lots of sunshine, but when that pitcher of pink lemonade turned over in the car on the way to *A*'s friend's going away party, I just knew I was in for a mess of a day.

As the puddle of lemonade sloshed around my feet and I bit back some choice words, I realized I had not had coffee this morning. I'd like to blame it all on lack of coffee, but I'm not sure one cuppa Joe has that much influence. After the going away tea party, I had a quick meeting for one of my part-time jobs. I got a bunch of files to bring home and as I pulled in the driveway, all the files tumbled onto the floor messing up the important order they were in. I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to get them all sorted out while ^J^ took the kids to run errands and get them out of my hair. *H* has been clingy all day and keeps asking questions which is normally cute but today it's grating. On top of all that, *A* and I had to say "goodbye" to our best gal pals as they are moving today. I know we'll see each other, but it's not the same as being 5 minutes away and being able to drop the girls off for a impromptu playdate.

One positive thing we did today was get *A* signed up for soccer for the Fall. We're all pretty excited about that and (H) thinks he's playing too. He has 2 years before he can play, so hopefully he'll think he's a part of the game cheering from the sidelines.
Ok, enough ranting. Tomorrow is a reset button and I'll be sure to have lots of coffee to start it off right.

No comments: