Monday, June 9, 2008

And we're back...


O.k., so our "puter' died and it was ready surprisingly quickly, we were still under warranty thank goodness. But, they didn't get it to us before we left for Disney so now that we're back from our trip, I'm finally getting around to checking hundreds of e-mails and catching up on my favorite blogging mamas.


Our trip was great! Lots of family togetherness and some relaxing "just us" time too. *A* was really into the characters this year, (H) was at the scared age, but that's o.k. We saw lots of shows, rode some rides, ate a ton, sweated up a storm, and walked miles and miles.


*A* seems to have matured so much since we've been gone. (H) is talking so much more now too. Lots of new words, "wadoo" (water) being the favorite since we were in the pool everyday and he loved it. *A* did really well swimming too, by the last day, she was putting her face all the way in, holding her breath and swimming/walking 2 feet or so. She loved how brave she was and kept doing it.


So, today I'm off to find a pool for us to frequent as well as go to our organic co-op pick-up. I'm reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver and it has really inspired me to eat locally. Our co-op is some local but sometimes from exotic places like Bolivia or New Zealand so I'm having a crisis about keeping it up. I can't wait to move and be able to find a lot more locally grown and raised food up in TN. I've already found out about a few farms and markets that offer produce, eggs, and meat so I'm excited to at least partially be able to participate in staying local.
O.k., (H) is stinky and *A* is "serving" (spilling) her own water so more Disney fun and pics later...

No comments: