Friday, July 10, 2009

The Final Installment

Here are some last pictures of Michigan. I can only re-live it for so long I guess.

A rockin' band at the Polka Fest in Cedar, MI

Nana and *A* dancing their version of the polka

Going to the Fireworks in our Red, White, and Blue jammies!

Booms!

(H) pretending to surf at the little beach by our house.

Cherry Picking

Swimming at Lake Michigan

The water there is freezing!

My obsession while we're at the beach, rock-collecting.

Some worn out kids


New Seminary families are starting to move to the mountain next week so I'm busy preparing welcome-buckets as part of my job with the spouses of the seminary board. The kids and I shopped at Wal-Mart for the supplies today and we looked like the Beverly Hillbillies with our overflowing cart. They were so good at helping though which was great because otherwise I probably would have had to leave and not be able to get all that I needed. We're headed to the Friday night cookout tonight, and then ^J^ is entering a banjo contest tomorrow at the old-time music festival Uncle Dave Macon Days . I'm looking forward to watching the buck dancing (like funky clogging) and seeing if the kids try to dance along. Have a old-timey fun weekend!

No comments: