Monday, July 20, 2009

Whoosh!

That's the sound of the week flying by. I honestly thought I had just written that previous blog post and now see it was a week ago. Yikes!

It been one of those summer weeks where the days all run together and I really can't remember much of anything that happened. We've been hanging out a good bit with some of the new families and helping them move-in/letting the kids play. I do remember this weekend though. It was so beautiful and unseasonably cool. Friday we had a nice visit from my parents complete with a lazy afternoon fishing and the Friday night cookout at the park. Saturday we visited the farmer's market for squash, onion, tomaotes(yay, finally!), and blueberries. We are loving the blueberries right now. blueberry cobbler, blueberry pancakes, and just plain ol' blueberries for an afternoon snack. Saturday night we hosted 3 families and their children (we were out numbered 10 kids to 8 adults!) for dinner and a rousing game of celebrity. Good times.
Sunday was church, a quick lunch, and then a mommy afternoon date with my new friend to see Harry Potter!

No comments: