Monday, March 30, 2009

Feelin' Fine

We had a nice relaxing weekend and loved visiting with old friends, but as always, it's good to be home. I have this mini-job where I am in charge of a locally-run scholarship. This is the busy time for this job, and one aspect of my job is to mail out almost 1000 fundraising letters. They are all printed for me, but I have to stuff them, label them and stamp them. This took me way longer than I thought, but I finally finished today and it feels so good. It was one of those projects that when you think of something you'd like to do, in the back of your mind you know you *should* be working on this, so now I'm trying to think of all those things I wanted to do. Oh yeah, clean the house...we have dog-hair tumbleweeds blowing around. But seriously, now I can start to think of some fun springy projects I've been wanting to start. I really want to get out the sewing machine, at least just to make these. What fun summer pants!

Today was beautiful and I was so inspired by my work getting done that I decided the kids and I were going to run all the errands I needed to run sans car! I had 2 stops to make "on campus" and 2 stops to make "in town". If you know Sewanee, you know they really are one in the same, but all in all I probably walked over 5 miles. We stopped to have lunch at school with Daddy, and after we were all done and almost home, we stopped at the "ship park" (there's a giant wooden ship there with a slide and stuff). We were gone about 4.5 hours and after the park (H) fell asleep in the stroller for the rest of the trip home. *A* was loving all over him and kept snuggling up to him and kissing his head. Right now she's torturing him in the bathtub...I guess the sweet wouldn't be so sweet without the sour.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooohh, bandana pants. I made a bandana skirt for Carsie last year. Too cute.

I am all about the 1-2 hour projects and making useful things - it makes me feel so productive!!!

Even if I leave the laundry and the dishes while I'm doing it... ;)