Friday, April 3, 2009

Home?

We've not been home much this week, I'm not really sure why, but it's just been one of those weeks when I suddenly look up and now it's Friday. Tuesday night a bunch of spouse's went to Chattanooga for a girl's night out. We went to the mall for a bit and then out to eat at this yummy Greek/Italian place. Wednesday was beautiful again so we walked again to bible study/child care/school. Then the kids and I went down the mountain so we could eat lunch at a McDonald's with a Play Place. It's an outside play place, and it was a perfect afternoon. I felt like I was in one of those cheesy McDonald's commercials where the mom orders her kids Happy Meals and a healthy choice for herself, and somehow they have a super-bonding moment at a fast-food empire. They played for a long time and I wished I had brought my book because I actually had some alone time.
After that we took a quick trip to Wally World for diapers and it was so bright that everyone decided we needed to wear our sunglasses on the way home. (H) always falls asleep back up the mountain and here he is being too cool for school.
We got stopped by a train on the way and *A* and I were sad (H) missed it since everytime we go through that town he asks if we're going to see a train. I tried to take a sneaky picture of *A* with her sunglasses on as she danced to the Stray Cats, but this was all I got...
it's a cool picture nonetheless.
This weekend we're home (yay!) and we have some fun events: date night/game night tonight and tomorrow a birthday party for one of *A*'s buddies. But mostly I'm just excited about being home and maybe doing something creative and some spring cleaning.

No comments: