Friday, April 24, 2009

Content

After 2 weeks or so of illness, I'm feeling *almost* normal this morning. After showering, cleaning the house, coffee, and opening windows, life is good again. I've been reading Mary Oliver poems lately and if those don't inspire you, I don't know what will. I highly recommend her, especially for the poem-challenged. I'm usually not a big fan of poetry, but the way she writes is very conversational and "normal". Here's a favorite in honor of the sun-shiney weekend we're about to have!

Why I Wake Early by Mary Oliver

Hello, sun in my face.
Hello, you who make the morning
and spread it over the fields
and into the faces of the tulips
and into the nodding morning glories,
and into the windows of, even the
miserable and crotchety--

best preacher that ever was,
dear star,that just happens
to be where you are in the universe
to keep us from ever-darkness,
to ease us with warm touching,
to hold us in the great hands of light--
good morning, good morning, good morning.

Watch now how I start the day
in happiness, in kindness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,

Check out The Magnifying Glass for a nice bit of news.

Blessings,

Eren