Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

In honor of Earth Day, the kids and I spent most of the day outside. Unfortunately I forgot it was Earth Day until mid-morning so I forgot I wanted us to walk instead of use the car this morning. We just returned from an outdoor dessert picnic of icecream after digging in our garden a bit more. It's going to be in the 80s for the rest of the week so I think we're safe to plant now, but we need to procure a small fence to keep the dogs from tromping in the garden.
I don't have much else to say except that I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by all my "jobs/roles" right now because they are all due at the same time and I have of course waited until the last minute to get things done. Plus I have 2 weddings to host in the next 2 weeks on top of all the fun end of the year activities on the mountain. The good news is that next week is the last week of classes and PMO, so things will really slow down and I'll have some extra time to finish these jobs up.

Here's a yummy springy pasta salad recipie I made up tonight in case you are craving it like I was:

1/2 box of noodles, whatever kind you like, we used rotini because that's all I had.
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 heaping tablespoons parmesan cheese
1/2 finely shredded carrot
1/2 diced cucumber
8 green olives sliced
4 scallions, finely sliced
4 large basil leaves finely chopped
drizzle of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Boil noodles until al dente, drain and rinse under cold water until noodles are cold. While noodles are boiling, put the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Dump noodles in when cool and mix. Yum!

1 comment:

patti w said...

Pasta salads are also great with feta cheese.