Monday, June 22, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

We had a great time this weekend. Friday we went back to our "secret" swimming hole with our friends and then over to their house for dinner and playing. Saturday was my birthday and my only request was that i didn't have to plan anything. We went out to breakfast then to the Swimplex in Winchester which was very fun. We had packed a picnic lunch and then swam some more until the kids were about to fall asleep in the pool. Then we went home for naps and had yummy take-out for dinner followed by a kid-made birthday cake. It was a really great day. Sunday we went to Chattanooga because I have been wanting to go to the Farmer's Market for a while and it's only on Sundays. It was awesome. Loads of fresh produce all at great prices, lots of arts and crafts, and live music. There was a free kid play area too and a rock-climbing wall that *A* braved. They each got a balloon animal, *A* a butterfly and (H) a turtle that he could wear on his wrist. ^J^ loved it too and he got a beer and a "'noog" sticker for his banjo case. I ended up getting some roving wool from local sheep and a homemade drop spindle for spinning the wool into yarn. I have been wanting to make a drop spindle for a long time, but of course it was easier to buy one, so now I can finally spin my own yarn! Yay! We went to the water-play area outside the Aquarium after this, and it was in the high 90's so it was such a great day for it. The kids just laid in the water up to their chins and we hid in the shade and loved the breeze off the river. It was just about a perfect weekend, the only thing that would have made it more perfect is to have had pictures to share. My mom did get a few in Chattanooga, so if I get them, I'll add them later.

No comments: