Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

Who needs Rudolph?


I think *A* finally "got it" tonight and realizes what tomorrow is all about. People all day have been talking to her about Santa and she just looks at them with a strange polite smile. Well, then her Nana read her the Night Before Christmas and we talked about the Nativity story (again) as we drove around and looked at lights tonight. After that she talked about how Santa is going to get sick because of all that up and down chimneys, and then said she needed to be quiet so she wouldn't scare the reindeer. Also, I love that we decided to wait to put Jesus in our Nativity scene because it is the biggest deal to her that she will get to play with Jesus tomorrow! When she sees a Nativity scene with Jesus she gasps and wants to take him out and hold him.


Here we are after dinner tonight celebrating a friend's birthday. After leaving their house, we drove around to look at Christmas lights, came home and put new pjs on, put out cookies for Santa, opened 1 gift each (the kids got new Christmas books), and then Daddy told the Nativity story using our Playmobil Nativity set.


We'll be out of commission for the next few days visiting family and such, so I'll say Merry Christmas now see you in 2009! If you are a loyal blog follower, thanks and I hope to hear more from you in the new year! Comments are ALWAYS appreciated and I'd love to know what you enjoy about the blog. So many different types of people from different aspects of our lives read this blog so I have to cater to many different needs, and I'd love to occasionally know what people think. :)

I may pop in if I get a chance but if not, happy and safe holidays to all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am a faithful follower of you! AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ON SATURDAY!!! (Can you email me directions from 75? - I have the nav system in my car, but still...)

I have a Stay-at-Home date on Friday night (Will is on call, but we just ordered Season 2 of LOST, so we're hanging out and watching that...) and then I'll get up on Saturday and head up there around lunch, ok? I'm going to scout out a new knitting project to bring up there, too ;)

(P.S. I love everything about your blog - hearing about J & A & H, etc. Can't wait to see you all. Love love love you.)