Thursday, September 4, 2008

Reconnecting...

with myself.

School has started, PMO (the kids' 2 day a week "school")is in full swing, activities, events, etc. are taking over. I've said "no" to some invitations, upsetting people I don't even know. I am struggling to stay involved enough to build relationships for myself and my children, while still feeling like we have enough family togetherness time and "down" time. Oh, and trying to make sure ^J^ has enough study time and home/family time is an additional struggle.

Today a 2nd year seminarian asked if I was getting homesick for civilization and culture. No, I'm homesick for home. This home. Our beautiful mountain-stone home with hardwoods that need sweeping and boxes that need unpacking. Fridays are good though, we have no obligations. ^J^ only has 1 class and we can prepare for a weekend as a family. Of course there are many community events to choose from this weekend, at the top of our list are: Date Night (with free childcare, whoohoo!) tomorrow, A Community Cookout Saturday, and a Prayer Shawl Knitting Group on Sunday afternoon which I am looking forward to attending. I need a knitting shop though, Walmart just doesn't cut it for my yarn obsession. If only there was a Knitch nearby. Actually, that would not be good, my entire puny paycheck would go to high quality yarn.

O.k., back to reconnecting with myself. I've sort of come away from this week realizing it's hard to remember who you are when you are juggling 6 babies' needs in PMO, your own babies' needs, your house's needs, pet's needs, etc, etc. So I'm off to watch the Daily Show, to take care of my need to laugh at irreverent humor and stupid political follies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs. It is hard. You are a better mommy, wife, Child of God though when you DO take care of yourself and your home/relationships. I feel ya on that one. With dogs and babies and a big ol' house and a full time job I can imagine that it's crazy harder to have school stuff going on, too.

Enjoy the knitting group!!! I LOVE that stuff...I want to start a sewing circle/club here... Hmmm...

Heidi and Alvie said...

Balance is so hard to find, isn't it? Good for you for always striving for it.

Miss you. :(