Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Election Fever!

I've been hit with election fever lately. We had a debate party last week, I just ordered candidate paraphernalia, I've researched absentee voting, and with the election now just over one month away, I'm starting to see a light at the end of a very dark tunnel. It's hard to believe this historical election will soon be here and we will have someone new running our country. I am just so excited about the possibilities of this election. No matter what happens, it will be exciting and historic, and I am so glad to be able to be a part of it all.

If you are not already registered to vote, please go out and do it now, for no other reason than just to be a part of history. Also, I urge you to listen with an open-mind and open-heart to the candidates, watch the debates, and vote with our country's best interest at heart and remember all the kinds of people who live in this country who will be affected by this election. I've never understood this notion of sticking with one party or another just because that's what your father and his father, yadda, yadda have always done. Vote for who YOU like and who YOU think will do the best job. I think the past administration has shown us that being a democrat or a republican means very little considering their roles seem to have switched, and that the republicans are ready for a change from their own party (can someone explain to me what that's all about?! Nevermind, I think I know).

I'm stepping off my soapbox now, but I feel the need to share my hope and excitement about this election. I've been very good and P.C. here, but I could easily swayed to voice my opinion more, any comments are welcome and appreciated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think everyone should vote for Barack Obama. Is that clear enough? Some may ask, "But what kind of change? He doesn't say what kind of change?"
Like this kind of thing, it's radio:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5135077

Heidi and Alvie said...

Yes, girl! Preach it!!