Friday, October 10, 2008

Under the Weather

What a strange phrase, under the weather, I'd like to know the word origin of that one. I'm sure I could google it but I am in fact under the weather so I can't do to much without my head feeling like it's going to pound right out of my head. ^J^ and *A* have had this strange virus this week: fever, headache (or as *A* told me when it started, "Mommy, I have a bad feeling in my head"), and achy but nothing else. No runny nose, no sore throat, etc. *A*'s was gone in a day and a half and ^J^'s lingered a day or so longer so at least I know it won't be here long. It really is the strangest cold. When I move my head my brain feels like it is moving around in there and it hurts so bad I have to hold my head and stand still to get it to stop. So I'm camped out on the couch. I grabbed a box of graham crackers and peanut butter in case the kids and I get hungry and we're watching Sesame Street. Such a good show. Why can't all kids shows be this respectful of children? I could really go off on my soapbox here, but since I'm wiped out I'll spare you my issues with Dora and Caillou among others. We have a full weekend but I'm not sure how much we'll be doing, it all depends on how quickly this cold decides to leave. Today there is a "meeting" with the Dean that is mandatory for juniors and their families. It's a little cryptic and strange because we haven't been given much info but luckily I know the reason for that. ^J^ does not however, so I'll have to leave it at that until we've gone and more has been revealed. Intriguing no?

No comments: